News Karnataka
Wednesday, May 31 2023

Belthangady: Short circuit at bed shop, loss of lakhs averted

Photo Credit : By Author

Belthangady: A short circuit occurred at the cotton stock warehouse of Hamid’s bed shop near Ujire-Charmadi Main Road and fire spread to four nearby shops and caused loss of lakhs of rupees.

The cotton stock caught fire and the fire spread from there to Rama’s bakery, Yogeesh’s clothing shop, Ashraf’s mobile shop and Vijaya’s vegetable shop. The spread of fire was immediately noticed and businessmen, village panchayat and locals of Ujira immediately helped to avoid further damage averting a major disaster.

The shops are on the highway side and there was a traffic jam for a while.

2nd tragedy in 20 days

A fire broke out in front of Anugraha School here on August 31. There is a struggle to rebuild these shops and cleaning work is still going on here. But just 800-metre from here, the fire disaster that took place on Tuesday September 20 in a remote, densely populated area has again caused great loss and fear.

Timely response

Gram Panchayat President Pushpavati R. Shetty, Vice-President Ravikumar Baremelu, PDO Prakash Shetty Noccha, members and the staff helped in bringing the fire under control immediately.

The panchayat water pipe line passing near the shops was cut and water was poured into the shops and the fire was brought under control.

Later, two fire tenders arrived and started the operation. The Police Department cooperated.

Share this:
Deepak Athavale

Read More Articles
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *