News Karnataka
Photo News

Fire Broke out in Supermarket in Didupe : huge loss

Photo Credit : News Karnataka

Beltangady: An accidental fire broke out in a supermarket on Didupe Road in Mundaje village of Somanthadka on the Mangalore-Villupuram National Highway, causing a loss of around Rs.30 lakhs. The incident took place in the early hours of Sunday morning when the valuables caught fire.


At around 4.30 in the morning, Mundaje newspaper distributor Balachandra Naik and his assistant Prateek Rai, when they arrived to distribute newspapers, noticed smoke coming from inside the supermarket and immediately informed the shopkeepers and locals.
Locals Sachin Bhide, Jagadish Naik, Prakyat Shetty, Deviprasad, Guruprasad, Rafiq, Mansoor, GK Moiddeen, Abdullah S. After the first responders arrived and took action as the fire spread further, the fire brigade arrived and brought the fire under control. Meanwhile, property worth lakhs of rupees has been burnt.There is a grocery store owned by him next to the supermarket and due to the equanimity of the locals, no damage has been done to it.

Share this:
Deepak Athavale

Read More Articles
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *