Beltangady: Another incident of fire spread in the hill at Kadambali in Mundaje on Friday night.The fire started due to the sparks from the electrical transformer on the hill near the rubber garden and spread to the environment and entered the rubber garden. Due to this, there was no damage to the houses in the environment. As the fire brigade vehicle had moved to another place, it arrived three hours after the fire broke out and returned at 6 pm with water around it.
The fire in the other part of the hill went unnoticed and after 7 pm, it spread and the hill started burning again. This time when the fire brigade was called, it was informed that it had moved to another place. Locals who cooperated again managed to bring the fire under control by continuous operation for about 3 hours.